Are you thinking of getting a tattoo of the number 222?
The number 222 is usually called Angel number 222. Angel numbers are messages from your spiritual guides. Each number has its specific meaning.
The meaning of a 222 tattoo is about balance, relationship and trust.
Like any other tattoo, you can tattoo the angel number 222. Simply be sure to know the exact meaning of this number.
Don’t forget that a tattoo is permanent!
So our angel number 222 tattoo should represent well its meaning and your story in it.
As an Angel number specialist, I spent hours of research writing this article. Also as a tattoo fan (I have 5 big tattoos), I put a lot of my own experience into it.
Indeed, you will find here everything you need to know before doing a 222 tattoo!
Keep reading if you want to learn:
Table of Contents
Enjoy my article and hopefully, it will help you to design your 222 tattoo!
222 tattoo meaning
It’s important to understand clearly the meaning of the number 222 before making a tattoo of it.
The number 222 is usually referred to as an angel number.
Angel numbers are very popular now. They are spiritual messages you see in the most common places in your life. It can be the number 222 in a phone number or an address, the time 2:22 on the clock, or the latest receipt totaling $2.22.
If you see the number 222 multiple times in your life, it’s certainly your angel number. It has a personal meaning for you and that’s a great idea to make a tattoo of it.
But first, let’s take a look at the different meanings of your angel number 222. After that, you will easily be able to find the perfect design for your 222 tattoo.
In numerology, two means relationship, balance, and trust. Twos can be present in your angel number, in a sequence of 3 or 4 (such as 222), or in a pattern (such as 2020).
They could suggest it is the right time to find peace and happiness in your relationships.
Seeing the angel number 222 is a positive sign from the universe that signifies you’re on the right path in life.
In love, a 222 tattoo may symbolize the energy and focus you put into your relationship, to find harmony in your life. Having a 222 tattoo may reflect your efforts to nourish your love. And maybe to encourage you to always pay attention to your loved ones.
If you are single, angel number 222 might be the sign that you will meet your soulmate or twin flame soon. If you are wondering if a person is meant to be with you, the universe tells you to trust your intuition.
Seeing the angel number 222 can also mean you have to take a big decision in your relationship.
In business and work, the number 222 is a peacemaker. It values the teamwork and fruitful partnerships. 222 represents the balance achieved through your tact and diplomatic skills.
In summary, the number 222 means you must always pay attention to your relationships. They will bring balance and harmony to your life.
Simply stay confident, trust your intuition, and take action. The universe supports you and will manifest your desires!
Best tattoo ideas for your 222 angel number tattoo
There is nothing wrong with making a small and intimist 222 tattoo anywhere on your body. But you may also consider incorporating your angel number 222 into a symbolic design.
It’s a great way to make your 222 tattoo more personal and meaningful.
Let’s have a look at the different symbols of love and relationship you can use to design your 222 tattoo.
And don’t worry!
I listed for you the best popular symbols, animals, flowers, quotes, and colors.
Popular symbols that represent love:
- Aphrodite was the Greek goddess of love.
Cupid is a young boy, armed with a bow and arrow. He uses it to pierce people’s hearts so that they fall desperately in love.
In Greek mythology, he was known as Eros, the son of Aphrodite (goddess of love). In Roman mythology, Cupid is the god of love, the son of Venus and Mars. Often, he is depicted in art as a blindfolded figure, which is meant to represent love’s blindness.
The harp is another ancient symbol of love. It can represent a bridge of love, connecting heaven and earth. Or it can symbolize a ladder with the different states of love. Harps are used mainly in love songs due to their gentle cascading sound.
Animals that represent love and relationship:
- 2 swans opposite each other form a heart shape.
Swans are symbols of everlasting love because they are monogamous and mate for life. Perfect for a 222 tattoo!
- Doves means also everlasting love as they mate for a lifetime.
Doves are often seen at weddings. They represent the everlasting bond that two people have just made. They are also the most famous symbol of peace.
- Horses are also symbols of love in many cultures due to the deep connection humans and horses can build.
In Celtic mythology, the horse goddess, Epona, is also a symbol of fertility. That’s why many believe that an encounter with a horse may be a sign that a new member of your family is on the way. Good idea if your 222 tattoo meaning is related to family love.
- Dolphins are symbols more of a maternal kind of love than romantic love. They are incredibly intelligent animals, beautiful, and elegant. They always appear to be smiling. You will often see a dolphin swimming around the ankles of Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Love.
- Owls are believed to carry the souls of deceased loved ones. It could be a beautiful 222 tattoo idea if you believe your angel number 222 is related to someone deceased.
- Butterflies have been symbols of love for hundreds of years. They are delicate, with vibrant colors. I’m sure you’ve heard of the expression ‘butterflies in your stomach’. This phrase refers to the feeling you get in your stomach when you have a crush on someone and start falling in love.
- Starfish are key symbols of love in Christianity.
For Christians, seeing stars represents divine love coming from the heavens. Moreover, the Virgin Mary was known as the ‘Star of the Sea’. She gave birth to Jesus Christ who spread the word of God and loved everyone equally.
- Shells are one of the main objects associated with Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Shells represent the protectiveness of love, as their hardness protects the precious pearl that grows inside.
- Elephants are another symbol of family love and compassion. They live in groups, nourish relationships, and value teamwork. They also mourn loved ones when they die, just like humans.
Flowers that represent love:
- Roses of course symbolize love. Ancient Greek and Roman cultures associated roses with Aphrodite and Venus, both goddesses of love. Each color rose has a different meaning. Yellow is for joyful love, Red is for passionate love, Pink is for true love, and White means innocence and purity.
- Jasmine is a powerful symbol of pure love, especially within the Hindu religion. Hindu goddesses are often depicted wearing garlands of Jasmine, with distinctly white aromatic flower petals.
- The maple leaf is an ancient symbol of love, mostly in China and Japan. Sweet maple syrup is produced from the maple tree. Just like it, maple leaves represent the sweetness of love in daily life.
Some ideas of love quotes you could insert in your angel number tattoo 222:
- “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Unknown
- “I need you like a heart needs a beat.”
- ”Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” – Oscar Wilde
- “You make me want to be a better man.” – Melvin Udall
- “To love is to burn, to be on fire.” – Jane Austen
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
- “You call it madness, but I call it love.” – Don Byas
- “We can only learn to love by loving.” – Iris Murdoch
- “A life lived in love will never be dull.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “All you need is love.” – Paul McCartney
- “Love is shown more in deeds than in words.” – Saint Ignatius
- “Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
Colors that represent relationships, balance, and trust:
- Green represents balance and harmony.
- Light red symbolizes love, and pink means romance.
- Blue represents trust.
I hope you got some nice ideas for your 222 tattoo! You can also choose a specific tattoo style to match the meaning of your angel number 222 tattoo.
Best tattoo styles for your 222 angel number tattoo
You have a choice between so many different styles of tattoos. Pick a style that represents well the meaning of your angel number 222.
In our case, you need a style that will illustrate the idea of relationship, balance, and trust. You need a delicate style, colorful.
I would recommend these 6 styles:
- Japanese tattoo style: Use symbols. Perfect to tell a story.
- Fine line tattoo style: Delicate tattoos, aesthetically pleasing to watch.
- Geometric tattoo style: Focus on lines and shapes (Simple or elaborate).
- Portrait tattoo style: Must be done by a high-skilled tattoo artist.
- Watercolor tattoo style: Delicate and beautiful looking. Very popular among women.
- Small tattoo style: Can be very small and intimate. Perfect if you still want to keep your tattoo simple, using only the number 222, or maybe also adding a quote to it.
Here are other tattoo styles you can also choose for your angel number 222 tattoo:
- Tribal tattoo style: From the origins of the tattoos. Inspired by the cultures, Polynesian, Native American, and more. A strong style perfect for confidence!
- Blackwork tattoo style: All black. Perfect to stand out!
- Traditional and Old School tattoo style: Classic American tattoo. It is the kind of tattoo your Grandpa got when he was in the navy!
- Neo-traditional tattoo style: Inspired by traditional tattoos with more true lifelines and colors. Looks Old school with a feeling of new.
- Realism tattoo style: Looks exactly like reality.
- Trash Polka tattoo style: A mix of realism, blackwork, and trash.
- Black and grey tattoo style: One of the most common styles. You can do all the other styles in black and grey style.
- Aesthetic tattoo style: Can be almost anything. Focus on beauty pleasure.
- Ignorant tattoo style: Looks like a kid’s drawing.
- Anime tattoo style: Inspired by animes, TV shows, and comics.
- Abstract tattoo style: Does not try to represent reality. A great way to differentiate.
- Cartoon tattoo style: It can be anything inspired by your favorite cartoon.
- Sketch tattoo style: Gives a very authentic look to the tattoo.
Best placements for your 222 angel number tattoo
Like other tattoos, your body is your limit!
You can make a tattoo everywhere you want on your body (I don’t recommend the face for obvious reasons).
You should choose a place that matches the meaning of your angel number.
For example, we saw that angel number 222 means relationship, balance, and trust. So you might consider some areas close to your heart. In that way, you can see your tattoo but also be seen by other people.
For a 222 tattoo, the chest, the ribs, the belly, the wrists, or even the butt may be a good choice.
I usually do some simulations of tattoos to get an idea of the final result. For this, I print a design I like and fix it with adhesive on different places on my body.
You will understand quickly which part of your body is the best for your angel number tattoo.
Where you get your tattoo is ultimately up to you, but keep in mind that some places are more painful than others.
I experienced different levels of pain for each of my tattoos. It depends on the area of the body, the thickness of the lines of the draw, and the filling (or not) of these areas by colors.
You can read my article Angel Number Tattoo FULL GUIDE to know more about the pain levels of a tattoo.
What is the meaning of the 222 tattoo?
The meaning of a 222 tattoo is about balance, relationship and trust.
What symbols can I use for my 222 tattoo?
– Popular symbols: aphrodite, cupid, harp
– Animals: swans, dove, horse, dolphin, owl, butterfly, starfishshell, elephant
– Flowers: rose, jasmine, maple leaf
In my article Angel number tattoo FULL GUIDE, you can find the answers to the following questions:
- Where to go if you want to get an angel number tattoo?
- Which aftercare for my angel number tattoo?
- How much does an angel number tattoo cost?
- Can you get multiple angel number tattoos?
- Can you have all angel numbers in one tattoo?
- Is it bad luck to get angel numbers tattooed?
My Final Thought
Though you can make a small and intimate 222 tattoo, you can also create a more complex design.
Simply add a symbol that represents the meaning of relationship, balance, and trust. It will only make your tattoo more meaningful.
It’s also a great way to connect with your spiritual guides.
For more information, check out our related article “Angel numbers tattoo full guide”.
Enjoy your tattoo!